This map should be included in every history book.
Oh wow! I’ve been wanting this for ages!
This needs to be in every history book along with a map showing where those nations have been pushed to now.
Felix Vallotton, Nu couché sur un Tapis rouge (Detail), 1909
For readings on the correlation in horror between puberty and the monstrous, see:
- Barbara Creed’s The Monstrous-Feminine: Film, Feminism and Psychoanalysis (specifically, the chapter called “Woman As Possessed Monster”)
- Aviva Briefel’s “Monster Pains: Masochism, Menstruation, and Identification in Horror Film”
- “‘The Hair That Wasn’t There Before’: Demystifying Monstrosity and Menstruation in Ginger Snaps and Ginger Snaps Unleashed”
- Bianca Nielson’s “Something’s Wrong, Like More Than You Being Female”: Transgressive Sexuality and Discourses of Reproduction in Ginger Snaps”
- Shelley Stamp Lindsey’s “Horror, Femininity, and Carrie’s Monstrous Puberty”
the exorcist is so important to us. (Ramona likes to write quotes from it in our notes when she gets bored at school)